JERSEY HEDGEHOG PRESERVATION GROUP CONSTITUTION
1. The Group shall be called the "Jersey Hedgehog Preservation Group"; hereinafter referred to as JHPG and shall be administered by the Officers and members of a Steering Group.
2. The funds and property of the JHPG shall be vested in the Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary for the time being.
3. Members shall pay a minimum annual subscription to be determined by the Steering Group and receive regular newsletters. All monies received on behalf of the JHPG shall remain the property of the Group and there will be no distribution amongst the members.
4. A bank account has been opened in the name of the Jersey Hedgehog Preservation Group. Cheques are to be signed by any two Signatories in accordance with the Bank Mandate.
5. Members' expenses to be reimbursed at the discretion of the Steering Group.
The recipient of any cheque may not also act as Signatory in that instance.
6. Accounts for the year ended 31st December shall be submitted every year at an Annual General Meeting which should generally be held before the end of April, but some flexibility would be allowed if required. Not less than 21 days clear notice of such meeting shall be given to members.
7. An Auditor will be appointed at the discretion of the Steering Group.
AIMS OF THE GROUP
i To care for and release sick, injured or orphaned hedgehogs under Veterinary guidance and supervision.
ii To increase public awareness about hedgehogs and the hazards they face and to encourage children's interest in, and respect for, hedgehogs.
iii To assist in scientific research into hedgehogs and their behaviour.
1. In the event of dissolution the assets of the JHPG will be distributed to another organisation having similar aims.
26th April 2017